Friday, February 17, 2017

Most Things in Life are Better Together

I saw Dr. Fritzler’s lab coat across my desk chair the Tuesday morning.  Dr. Zawacki had to leave urgently the day before so Dr. Fritzler saw her afternoon appointments.  Beth doesn't see scheduled appointments anymore.  Her duties in management, book keeping, and business tasks, along with her responsibilities at our other practice, eventually made her decide, a few years ago that she couldn't practice regularly anymore.  She and I had practiced together for 15 years or so and it was great.  It was never too much togetherness.  We saw each others patients and always had each others backs. 

When she stopped practicing, it was a particularly hard transition for me.  For so many years, I would finish an appointment on a Thursday (I am off on Fridays) and say to the owner, "the doctor that will call back tomorrow is my wife".  It was fabulous continuity.  I would be home with our kids and she would call me with a list of my patients and we would go over what was next for each of them.  I felt like I was present even when I was off. 

           
 
 We have a wonderful set of doctors that do a great job following up on my patients.  I just sometimes miss practicing with her.  We can't go back.  And, we don't want to.  As the clinic has grown, we evolved in our different directions - me into medical director and she into hospital administrator.  We belong in these roles.  But, for a few hours that day, we weaved in and out of our rooms together, in our separate appointments, and we were practicing side by side again.  It was nice to step back for moment and remember that time.  


Timothy R Kraabel, DVM, DABVP (Canine/Feline Practice)

Vice President, American Board of Veterinary Practitioners

To see more of our blogs, go to www.lienanimal.com/blog/

1 comment:

  1. Herpes in your whole body such as fever blisters, hsv, or roofing shingles you know what it is like to stay with the pain and discomfort that herpes delivers. I don't need to tell you how awesome it would be to find something that works so that you no longer need to fear about stress or outbreak,Dr Itua herbal medicine cure my herpes in two weeks of taking is genuine and natural herbal medicine it has no side effect, The reason I'm writing this is that I promised Dr Itua I will share his herbal work to the world to see Herpes is no more a big deal.also Dr itua can as well cure the following diseases...HIV,Hsv 1/2,Hepatitis B,Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer,Leukemia Cancer,Lung Cancer,Brain CANCER,Blood Cancer,Prostate CancerDiabetes, Men/Woman Infertility
    Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Lottery Spell,Copd,Shingles,Fibroid, Fibromyalgia Liver/Kidney Inflammatory, EpilepsyHpv,Weak Erection,Wart RemoverCold Sore,  Coeliac disease,Alzheimer's diseaseArthritis,Asthma,Allergic  Asthma. Here His Contact E-Mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com
    Whatsapp Phone.+2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete